Kem Edwards joins N2 Learning after serving staff and students for 26 years in Mesquite ISD. She served as Director of Counseling Services and Manager of the
CARE Clinic where free counseling was provided to students, families, and staff. As a Licensed Professional Counselor, Kem has extensive experience in leading
professional learning for educators. She can provide a wide variety of topics to districts including Social Emotional Learning, Reimaging the School Counselor
in the 21st Century, and School Safety.
Kem is an experienced facilitator of:
- Reimagining School Counselor in the 21st Century
- Trauma Sensitive Classrooms
- Emotional IQ
- The Intersection of Mental Health and Instruction
- Building Resilience: How can public educators help students be more resilient?
- Empathy and authentic relationships: How can staff connect with students in meaningful ways to enhance engagement?
- Building Hope: The role of hope in resilience, in healing, and in happiness
- How Mental Health Intersects with Section 504
- School Safety
- Behavior Threat Assessment
- School Leadership and the Role of the Counselor
- Reframing Behaviors
- Reframing Autism
- The Intersection of Autism and Mental Health
Kem earned her Bachelor of Science in Social Work from Abilene Christian University and a Master of Science in Counseling from Texas A&M University.